Hockey Season will be here before you know it. If you plan on coaching for PYHA in 2016-2017 please make sure you are current on your certifications and modules. If you are moving up a level you will be required to complete that age module before you will be able to coach. These modules can be accessed on USA Hockey Web Site. In addition to modules, anyone who will be needing to complete a coaching certification clinic, please go to USA Hockey Web Site and start looking at Clinics. These Clinics have limited space and fill up fast. The sooner you can get registered for a Clinic the better. Last but not least, please make sure you are current on your Safe Sport Training. This is good for two seasons and then you are required by USA Hockey to complete a refresher course. Please look into you safe sport completion date and verify if you are due to take safe sport refresher.
Needed every two years, if you did this last year you don't need to do this again this year.
Make sure you click the "Coaches" button on the screening information page.
USA Hockey is proud to announce the release of the mobile USA Hockey Rulebook Application. This feature is available free of charge to everyone and provides instant access to 2013-17 Rulebook and Casebook content from any location with WiFi or mobile connectivity.
The rulebook application is available at: www.usahockeyrulebook.com
· Supported on iOS (Apple) and Android mobile devices and available for use through computer web browser
· One touch, screen icon launch from your tablet or phone. Launch icon is downloadable from the app home-screen (you will receive a prompt)
· Rulebook Section menu selection for navigation
· Collapsible/Expandable playing rule content (initiates as collapsed on phone & expanded on tablet)
· Highlighted (blue-lighted) key-terms that display definitions when “tapped”
· Quick link to Playing Rule Casebook Situations (Q & A)
· Quick link to Video examples of playing rule infractions
· Video display of USA Hockey Officials Signals
· Search feature to find specific Playing Rules and Casebook situations
Additional features in development.